The program includes core stability exercises, ski specific strengthening techniques, and flexibility and balance training with the use of Pilates, Yoga, ski walking/bounding, weights and bands.
Coaches Janet Myshrall, a physical therapist, and Laurie Humbert, a Nordic ski coach and Olympic Biathlete, have been running this program for over 15 years. All sessions are held outside, rain or shine!
TUNA plans to proceed with caution this year again.
Do not come to the program session if you:
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus. Symptoms range from mild to severe illness and may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, including: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Have been in close, sustained contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Athletes and staff should bring their own filled water bottle- water bottles with straws or tube-style nozzles will make drinking with a face covering easier and safer.
- Athletes and staff should bring a mask that covers mouth and nose. A Buff is not a mask.
- Athletes and staff should come to the program location in clean clothes for each session.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at any time OUTDOORS when face-to-face, or when 6 feet of distance is not possible. Masks can be moved for strenuous training when distanced.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at all times during INDOOR training.
- Athletes and staff should disinfect all equipment prior to use, in between use, and once training has concluded.