Dryland training sessions for ages 11 to 14 year old TUNA junior skiers will be held in Sugarhouse Park beginning Thursday, September 10th, 2020. Meet in Sugarhouse Park in the parking lot at the end of the road on the north side of the pond.
The training program is designed to help young athletes have fun, stay fit, and prepare for the upcoming cross country ski season. Young skiers interested in joining the TUNA Comp Team are strongly encouraged to participate. Training sessions are scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday afternoons from 4:00 – 5:30 PM.
What to wear/bring: Running shoes, athletic clothes suited for the weather, snack and water, classic, skate, or combi boots for designated rollerski days.
TUNA plans to proceed with caution this year again.
Do not bring your child to the program session if your child:
- Is exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus. Symptoms range from mild to severe illness and may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, including: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Have been in close, sustained contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Athletes and staff should bring their own filled water bottle- water bottles with straws or tube-style nozzles will make drinking with a face covering easier and safer.
- Athletes and staff should bring a mask that covers mouth and nose. A Buff is not a mask.
- Athletes and staff should come to the program location in clean clothes for each session.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at any time OUTDOORS when face-to-face, or when 6 feet of distance is not possible. Masks can be moved for strenuous training when distanced.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at all times during INDOOR training.
- Athletes and staff should disinfect all equipment prior to use, in between use, and once training has concluded.