The training sessions will focus on the following: Improving fitness, technique, transition work, waxing, race strategy, etc. Each session will include a warm-up, ski specific strength drills, and a technique and fitness goal to achieve during interval sessions. The session will end with fun speed drills (relays) and a cool-down. Sessions will include skate and classic technique and are open to all skiers with experience.
ABOUT THE COACH: Laurie has coached Nordic skiing for over 25 years, she was on the US Biathlon Olympic Team, the Rossignol Marathon Team, and she is a former Cat 1, semi-pro cyclist. Her experiences and knowledge have helped her create a strong coaching platform with technique expertise as well as quality training methods. These ski sessions are also perfect for those that are cross training for summer sports such as running or cycling! For those that feel they are not ready for this type of workout/training session Laurie also offers private and group ski lessons.
Laurie Humbert: Laurie_humbert@yahoo.com
TUNA plans to proceed with caution this year again.
Do not attend program session if you:
- Is exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus. Symptoms range from mild to severe illness and may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, including: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Have been in close, sustained contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Athletes and staff should bring their own filled water bottle- water bottles with straws or tube-style nozzles will make drinking with a face covering easier and safer.
- Athletes and staff should bring a mask that covers mouth and nose. A Buff is not a mask.
- Athletes and staff should come to the program location in clean clothes for each session.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at any time OUTDOORS when face-to-face, or when 6 feet of distance is not possible. Masks can be moved for strenuous training when distanced.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at all times during INDOOR training.
- Athletes and staff should disinfect all equipment prior to use, in between use, and once training has concluded.