TUNA offers coached classic ski sessions on Wednesday afternoons for adults. These sessions are ideal for all ability levels from beginners to advanced skiers and Citizen Series racers. We will focus on improving classic ski technique in order to become faster, more efficient and confident skiers. The program will also have a social element to develop a community that engages in a healthy activity together.
Eight sessions will be held at Mountain Dell from 4:15 to 5:45, from January 6 to February 24.
Student/teacher mix will be no more than 8/1. Instructors are all experienced Nordic coaches. Participants must bring functional classic skis, boots and poles. This gear is available for rent or purchase at local shops. Fish scale or skin skis are required for the first session. Participants may switch to waxable classic skis only upon coaches approval.
Program fees are $125 for the session (all proceeds after paying coaching expenses will go to support Junior Programs activities). Program fees DO NOT include a Mountain Dell trail pass.
Jeff Minnema: email@example.com
TUNA plans to proceed with caution this year again.
Do not attend program session if you:
- Is exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus. Symptoms range from mild to severe illness and may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus, including: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Have been in close, sustained contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Athletes and staff should bring their own filled water bottle- water bottles with straws or tube-style nozzles will make drinking with a face covering easier and safer.
- Athletes and staff should bring a mask that covers mouth and nose. A Buff is not a mask.
- Athletes and staff should come to the program location in clean clothes for each session.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at any time OUTDOORS when face-to-face, or when 6 feet of distance is not possible. Masks can be moved for strenuous training when distanced.
- Athletes and staff should wear a mask at all times during INDOOR training.
- Athletes and staff should disinfect all equipment prior to use, in between use, and once training has concluded.